Wednesday 30 January 2013

Baark! On: Thoughts of a Young Baark! Volunteer



Bahamas Alliance for Animal Rights and Kindness


Thoughts of a Young Baark! Volunteer
We are thrilled to have as a guest columnist today Anya, a young lady who has a big heart for Potcakes and cats. Anya was required in school to do a project about a charity. We are thrilled that Anya has chosen Baark! and even  more thrilled that she let us use her writing for our column this week.

Baark helps the dogs by taking them from the streets with the owner’s permission then spaying and neutering them. They also rescue animals from the pound before they are euthanized, which happens every Friday to the dogs in the pound. But lately Baark has not been able to rescue any dogs from the pound because there is no room at the Bahamas Humane Society. This is why Baark’s main goal is their spay and neutering programs.  Some volunteers from Baark have helped with “operation potcake” which happened in January 2013 and was able to spay and neuter many of the dogs in Nassau. I heard the number of animals helped that week was over 2000! Baark also has walks where volunteers walk the dogs from the Humane Society. The dog walks take place on Sunday afternoons at 3:30 pm from the Humane Society, and are really fun. The dog walks help keep the dogs healthy and get them used to people and hopefully get them ready to be adopted into a new loving home.

 I am proud to be a Baark volunteer and even though I am only 10 I am glad I can make a difference. I help Baark by helping walk the dogs at the humane society and I try to go to as many Sunday walks as I can. I also helped out with the refreshment stand at the Strut your mutt in October. Also when Baark has their Baark sales I make sure my mom bakes things for donations to sell and I love buying their goodies. Our next bake sale is Saturday February 9th. Baark! has two locations for the bake sale;  Super Value Cable Beach and Windermere spa Harbour bay the hours are 11-3 pm. Please come out and support your taste buds and the awesome work Baark is doing in your communities!
Won’t you consider helping Baark! too, I am sure you can make a difference and I know you will love the feeling when you do.
Sincerely
Anya- age 10





Please spay and neuter your animals, this simple procedure saves lives and decreases the suffering of unwanted animals.
This column is proudly brought to you by BAARK! the Bahamas Alliance for Animal Rights and Kindness.
For more information contact us at info@baarkbahamas.org, (558-3039) or visit our website www.baarkbahamas.com



No comments:

Post a Comment